Do you have a dental problem that has not responded to traditional treatment?
Perhaps you suffer from an extremely sensitive gag reflex that prevents thorough oral hygiene at home and makes dental visits particularly difficult. Or maybe you are experiencing dry mouth, oral ulcers, mouth tenderness, or infections (stomatitis or mucositis) after chemotherapy and/or radiation. Are you continually battling canker sores, or do you have TMJ problems or Burning Mouth Syndrome? If so, we have good news for you!
Each patient is unique and some do not find relief or have side effects with traditional medications. Sadly, many patients mistakenly believe that they have no viable options and so they continue to suffer needlessly. For these individuals, a compounding pharmacist can be a lifesaver. Compounders differ from traditional pharmacists because they have special equipment and have received extensive additional education and training in the art of compounding which allows them to offer you unique solutions.
Here are some solutions we’ve developed for dentists and patients:
- Lip balms for cold sores (herpes) and other viral lesions
- Transdermal (applied to the skin) muscle relaxants/pain relievers
- Topical anesthetics
- Transdermal anti-nausea medications
- Medicated lollipops for oral thrush
- Mouth rinses for canker sores (aphthous ulcers)
- Lozenges or rinses to relieve mucositis caused by radiation or chemotherapy
- Medicated “mucosal bandage” to cover ulcerated, infected or tender mouth tissue
- Mouthrinse to minimize oral bleeding during dental procedures for patients who take anticoagulants
- Lozenges to suppress the gag reflex
Call us with your questions and medication problems. We will partner with your dentist to help you and your smile!
All Content Copyright Storey Marketing – All rights reserved.